~*~

~*~

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Love Breaks Barriers

Animals are so different from each other. From great cats that can hunt wild buffalo, to legless serpents that swallow prey whole, to eight legged giant spiders. It blows my mind that through this immense diversity, each of these predators - some of which aren't even social - can learn to enjoy and even love human company. 

While lions are never going to be a house pet and can be dangerous even accidentally, they can be raised to love their human pride. My ball python Lan loves to meet new people, even though my cat is afraid of strangers. I once brought Lan to a get-together where a group of people sat with me to visit him. He calmly crawled across all of their laps, checking them out. He also likes to crawl around my computer desk while I'm working. He doesn't leave, but is just hanging out. And the zoo has a tarantula that will calmly let herself get picked up, and sit on your lap and get pet. She's silky soft. 

Raising animals with love can cross species barriers all across the animal kingdom. 

(DISCLAIMER - that does not mean that any animal can be a pet. Stick with domestic animals! Unless you are one of the rare people qualified to do otherwise, like at a zoo or something.)

 

And here is the dose of animal photos! Only one of these animals is domestic. (And I've finally finished throwing out all of the ones from last year. Which promptly puts me three months behind for this year. But that's better than a year behind!)

Pygmy hippo



Zebra





Miniature donkey

No comments: