~*~

~*~

Friday, March 24, 2023

What's Playing on Disney

Every now and then I sign up for a month of Disney Plus.

I watched some of the new Star Wars shows. I liked Mandalorian a lot, and Boba Fett too. But the Obi Wan show felt depressing. It was hard watching Obi Wan living in such misery for so many years. And the main villain was really confusing? 

 

I'm not sure yet if I like Andor. I suppose I'll know after the second season. There were a lot of characters and it was hard to keep track of everything that was going on. 

I watched a couple Disney Channel movies, which I ended up liking a lot. There were three of them which are based off of actual events: The Color of Friendship, Ruby Bridges, and Miracle at Midnight. I'd never heard of the movies before I saw them here, and I wasn't familiar with the events they centered around. But they were all amazing.

This last Disney Channel movie is not based on real events. It must have been a hit because I've heard of it many times, and it lead to much more. It's called Descendants. I ended up enjoying it a lot. It was tacky, but in a cute way. And Kristen Chenowith was fabulous. I'd never seen her as a villain before. (And another made-for-TV Disney movie is always worth mentioning: the 90's Cinderella!)

Then I tried a couple series that were continuations of Disney movies I love: Big Hero Six and Tangled. They had really cute animation. The Big Hero Six one was fun because I just enjoyed watching the characters. The plots were not as interesting. It devolved the further it went until the end was just ridiculous. Tangled was more cohesive. Though it also had stranger and stranger stuff happen further on. But the whole last season felt really sloppy with Cass. That whole arc didn't make sense to me at all. But there was some fun music! I like the drunken buddy song. (And I swear the way they animated Adira's movements are just like those of Mulan)

No comments: