~*~

~*~

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A New Life

So, I read this in a book last night, and I thought I'd post on it because it bugged me. I feel better when I can write about something I disagree with.
In the book, they caught a bad guy and erased his memory. They then had to give him memories of a new life so he'd think he was a completely different person. So, they give him a pretty miserable life. Now, as a bad guy, he probably deserved a bad life. But they just erased that old life. He's a different person now. There's no use in getting revenge on a person who doesn't have his old memories and doesn't know what he did wrong. Would you rather create a miserable life, or would you rather give that person a life that would actually be useful to the world? If I had the option of giving a bad guy a new life, I wouldn't make it miserable. I'd make him a nice person and I'd give him a role in life that would help the planet in some way.
So, if you ever get to erase someone's memory and give them new memories, keep that in mind, huh?

No comments: