~*~

~*~

Monday, November 3, 2008

Raving

Owowowowowo! I stepped on a nail! How did a nail get on the floor?!?!!?!?!? Grrrr!
Okay, that's not what I was going to post about. This is.
I told you a while ago that I'd start raving about good movies/books/songs. And I don't have anything better to do now (well, I have homework, but who cares? It's not due tomorrow). So, I thought it would be a good idea to start with the Studio Ghibli movies (especially the ones by Miyazaki). A lot of people know them. And almost everyone who knows them likes them a lot (we LOVE them don't we?) But there's a lot of people who don't know them. I think the most well-known one is Kiki's Delivery Service. If I ask a person whether or not they've seen the Ghibli movies, usually they'll recognize the name Kiki's Delivery Service.
Let me list some of my favorites.

Howl's Moving Castle. It's really hard to pick favorites with these movies, but I think this is probably my favorite. There are a few strange parts (such as Howl throwing the tantrum), but it is such an AWESOME movie!
Castle in the Sky. I love this movie. Laputa is so pretty!
Kiki's Delivery Service. I pretty much grew up with this one. It's one of Miyazaki's more tame movies and is really good.
My Neighbor Totoro. Another one I pretty much grew up with. I love the cat bus!
Spirited Away. Without a doubt, Miyazaki's strangest movie. But AMAZING! I LOVE the dragon! You may recall I've already put up some pictures of him on he blog.
Princess Mononoke. A really good movie. A bit bloodier than his others, but still really amazing.
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. The first time I saw this , I didn't like it. But now I do. Teto is adorable. And the bugs are awesome! There's a lot of war, but it has a great environmental theme (Mononoke is environmental too).
On Your Mark. I've mentioned this before. The music video that I wrote a fanfic about.
Whisper of the Heart. Unlike the others, this one is a life-like story. And I apporove of it because the girl in this movie likes to write and she wants to become an author.
Future Boy Conan. A silly TV series that I saw on Youtube. It's cute though. I like it.
The Cat Returns. A rather silly movie. It relates to Whisper of the Heart.
Lupin 3: Castle of Cagliostro. This one's really different from the others. But it's not bad.

No comments: