~*~

~*~

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fairs and Repairs

So, yesterday Ellen, Nicole, Kelly, Crystal and I went to the Scottish games. Dad and his friend Carter came too. Everyone stayed the night since we had to leave early in the morning, so we had 8 people sleeping in our house at once. That was a record. We could actually fit several more people in the living room, which was interesting.
The games were awesome, as usual. I love looking at the different booths. I got some kunai knives in honor of May and Lanfan. Heheh. I realllly wanted to get the master sword, but I got a reverse katana earlier this summer so I guess one sword is enough for the year... That booth is there every year though, so hopefully they'll have that one again (this was the nicest cheap one I've found so far). And Dad got me a distant Christmas present there too.
And today there was an Asian fair thing near my house, so I went there. I saw one guy there that wasn't asian. I felt sooo out of place. I wanted Ellen, Kelly, Crystal, or Jenny as a guide. But there was one booth with a lot of cheap anime stuff. I spent $23 and got a tone of things to keep and give as gifts. I got this amaaazing figure of Alphonse that moves at the joints. You can even open him up and take his head off like they do in the anime. And he comes with a kitten, so you can put it in his armor!
Ahh, I like figures, as long as they're good.

In other news, here's some pictures I've been meaning to put up. When we went up to Virginia City over the summer, a lady at one of the shops had some broken figures that she gave me. The dragon was missing some toes and his horns. The horse was missing some of the feathers. So I used air-dry clay to recreate them. As a note, never use air-dry clay to mold small delicate stuff. The poor dragon's horns have broken several times. I'll use the fimo or sculpey next time I want to do something like this. Use air-dry clay for bigger, tougher stuff.
The Pegasus is ammmazing. It's so beautiful!

Here's the feathers I painted.

Here's the dragon.

Here's the horns.


And the fore-feet.


And here's a little deer from my grandparents house who was missing a leg.

No comments: