~*~

~*~

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Characters

Since Tara was feeling lonely I'll post :D
I've been working on making actual characters for once. And I mean characters with which I will have my conversations with. For the most part I eavesdrop or I just know the characters well enough after a while. Right now I've composed a list of traits, kind of like what you would find in a game of Dungeons and Dragons or an RPG.

So for this I used a random number generator, for age I picked an age group. For example, 18-30 and used the resulting numbers and assigned them to a 'character' slot. Then I used a random name generator to find interesting words to make names. I put those words into google translate from English to Latin, then I take the Latin to Japanese, then Japanese to English, then English to Latin. You might say "Well what's the point of that? You'll just get the same thing." And I'd say, "WRONG"

Because Google translate fails so terribly at translating, you'll get different words as you switch them between the languages, so you'll be able to find synonyms and other interesting sounding words. If you stumble across one you like, great! If not keep going. Eventually you will hit a wall of repetition, just pick another word to go by in the results and continue.

Then I used a random number generator between 1-1000 and assign the number to the following categories with no discrimination or number tweaking. This will create the little quirks and flaws that make your character seem real. For the Jung-Meyer-Brigg part and the role, use a random number generator of 1-16 and find the complete list with descriptions of the personality types. Then go through the list with the random number pointing to the location of the personality. For example, if the number was 4, you'd go to the fourth personality in the list and use that. The 'Role' is just an additional thing that you can find in the Jung-Meyer-Brigg personality description. You may have to do some hunting to find it, but it can be helpful to get an overall feel for the character and what their role is amongst other people.

For the birthday, find a random day generator and get some days. Then find their astrological sign and attach that to the character. Then compare the characters astrological signs and compatibility to see who gets along with whom.


Role
Jung-Meyer-Brigg
Birthdate
Sign
Name Last First Middle
Gender
Age
Level
Strength Health Points (1-1000) Attack power Max carry weight

Constitution Stamina (1-1000) Endurance Vitality

Dexterity Agility (1-1000) Reflexes (1-1000) Speed (1-1000)

Intelligence Intellect Mind Wits

Charisma Presence Charm Social

Wisdom Spirit Psyche Sense

Willpower Sanity Personality Ego

Perception Alertness Awareness Cautiousness

Luck

Education

Size Mass Height

Appearance

Social standing


And then you're done! Woot!

No comments: