~*~

~*~

Monday, March 26, 2012

Birthday and Anime Update

Whoa, it's my birthday today.
Although a bunch of friends came over for a party yesterday (a crazy, insane party), I didn't really do much today. Considering how insane the last couple of months have been, it was a nice change to relax for a while. Dad took me out to lunch. I watched the last half of Nausicaa and started Princess Mononoke. I worked on my yukata a bit, but too. And I did some straightening around my room, but the pile on my desk didn't decrease by as much as I would have hoped.
But tomorrow I got to get back to work on the two big projects I have. Maybe I'll be able to short my short story for my fiction class. I've been looking forward to starting it.

So, I thought I'd talk a bit about the stuff I've been watching. I've touched on a couple things, but I guess I'll talk a bit more about it. Some stuff might be repeated from previous posts.
So, I finished InuYasha a while ago. I liked the first part of it (the first 15 or so volumes of the books) but then it started getting lamer and lamer. I wanted to know how it ended, so I read through the end. The end wasn't done very well. Considering how much I put up with to reach the end, I was expecting something significantly more awesome. A while ago, I watched almost up to the part where I got bored of the manga. Maybe I'll watch the last couple episodes eventually.
I read One Piece up through the Alabasta arc. There's some stuff I like about it, but I'm not sure I'll read any farther. Eventually, I will try the anime though. I'll see how far I feel like watching.
And since they have Naruto at the library, I've been reading some of that. I think I'm pretty much through the Chunin exam thing. Again, there's some parts I like. I might stop when it feels like I've reached a resolution, and I'll see how I feel later. Again, might try some of the anime eventually.
I read the original Yu-Gi-Oh manga because they had it at the library. It was okay. There was some interesting stuff in it.
I think I posted about Yotsuba. It's fun. I liked that one.
And I've read a little bit of Petshop of Horrors. I like parts of it, and I find it interesting. So far, I think it has potential.
At the library, I found this one manga called Animal Academy, and it sounded interesting so I tried it out. From my perspective, it had potential. It was this school where different animals went to learn how to be human. It's not that great though, even if do like the animal people.
As I mentioned, I am currently watching the anime of XXXHolic. It's pretty good, but I like the manga better, mainly because of the art, I think.
And I'm watching Rurouni Kenshin. I haven't watched any recently, but I've been going really slow on all of this because of other stuff. I'll give it a bit more chance, but the manga is definitely better.
And I've been reading Natsume Yuujinchou. It's pretty close to the anime. I think I enjoyed the anime more, actually.
Just finished reading Buso Renkin (they had it at my library). Way back when Ellen and Nicole started getting me into anime, I saw a button at the top of a manga website that you could click to get a random manga. So, I clicked it and got Buso Renkin. I read the first chapter or two and found it midly interesting. I figured I'd read more of it later. About two years later, I read Rurouni Kenshin to later discover that Kenshin is currently my favorite character. Then I discovered that that one manga out of hundreds was done by the same author of Kenshin. It was okay. Not amazing. The ending really bugged me because it was so rushed and crowded. Then I discovered that it was canceled so he had to cram everything into a short amount of space. There was some fun stuff in it. I liked Rurouni Kenshin better. Papillon is amusing.
And as you know, I liked The Twelve Kingdoms and managed to get the first book. And recently because of my increasing standards and from reading Limyaael's blog, it's become very hard for me to find, and even tolerate, a lot of the fantasy books I've picked up recently. Sigh. And fantasy is my favorite genre too. I think it had to do with me knowing the anime, but I finished the first Twelve Kingdoms book in about a week (thanks to long train rides and waiting in Dad's office and sitting in class before it starts). I haven't finished a book that quickly in a long time. I got the second book for my birthday, and I ordered the last two, and they arrived today. I wanted to finish the book I'm in the middle of (nonfiction, which I seem to reading more of lately, even though I read them slower) I couldn't wait and I started the second Twelve Kingdoms book. The fourth book surprised my by being incredibly fat. Anyway, glad to have a fantasy series that I'm happy with.
Haven't played many games recently. Haven't finished any since Skyward Sword. I forgot about Link's Awakening for a long time, even though I only had one dungeon left. I haven't played my Nuzlocke since I last posted about it. And I still haven't beaten the Elite Four in Pokémon White yet. I've been training for it VERY SLOOOWLY. I've made almost no progress on that weird Pokémon Rumble Blast. I haven't played Zelda Master Quest in ages. And maybe some day I'd like to finish the Original 2 Zelda games that I have for the Game Cube. And what I'd really like to finish is the game Crystal lent me: Golden Sun.
Sigh. All my poor, neglected games.

Welp, gotta finish editing my fanfic chapter, which I was hoping to have up last night. Except I got distracted because I found the new Fullmetal Alchemist movie online: The Sacred Star of Milos. It was pretty good. Not quite as awesome as I was hoping though.

No comments: