~*~

~*~

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Limerick

I guess I'll do another poem review.
Limericks are generally supposed to be funny. Not that they have to be, of course.
They have five lines.

Line 1 : 9 syllables, rhyme:A
Line 2 : 9 syllables, rhyme:A
Line 3 : 7 syllables, rhyme:B
Line 4 : 7 syllables, rhyme:B
Line 5 : 9 syllables, rhyme:A

You don't have to follow the syllable count.
The one I wrote was kinda stupid. I'll just steal one I heard on a cartoon.

There once was a man from Peru
Who dreamed he was eating his shoe
He woke with a fright
In the middle of the night
To find that his dream had come true.

(This one doesn't follow the syllable count).


Fact of the Day: If a predator is trying to get into a wombat's burrow, the wombat will back up and use its powerful hind legs to actually crush the intruder's skull against the side of the tunnel.
So make sure you knock before you enter...

No comments: