~*~

~*~

Monday, March 25, 2013

XGrad ProgramX

Well, just found out that I wasn't accepted to the creative writing grad program.
Sigh. Strange news to get the day before my birthday.
Apparently there's a lot of competition for this program. They said they turn away a lot of good writers. I wonder if they say that just to console the rejectees. XP
I kind of have mixed feelings.
I'm sort of not sure what I'd do with a masters program. But at the same time, I'm sure it would help me a lot.
Plus nowadays, it's hard to get into good jobs unless you have a masters degree.
But it would be expensive. And there would probably be several classes I didn't like. But that's nothing new.
Maybe I had doubts because I'm just lazy...
Well, guess I'd better see if I can find a job. I can always apply for the grad program again next year.
Not that that will stop me from trying to get a book published beforehand. ;3
I've been hanging out since last semester, taking a couple classes and selling plushies. Just coasting along until I found out about the grad program. Now that I know I'm not in, I'd better find some other direction to follow. There's a summer internship that I should apply for. Except the deadlines in about a week. I can probably make it. Just gotta work hard... and write a resume. I think I have an old one somewhere that I can work off of.
And there might have been an opening in the wildlife department where I volunteer. It might be too late for that though. That's the only thing I can really think of. I know there would be some things I wouldn't like about it though. I'm too picky.
Maybe the zoo where Dad worked. I wonder if he still has connections there. That would be cool.

No comments: