~*~

~*~

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Triplet

I should post on a few of the poem forms we're doing in the writing class. The more interesting ones, at least.
This one is the triplet.
It's a three line poem, with the last word of each line rhyming. For our class, we had each line contain the same number of syllables. You can put several of these 3-line stanzas together to make a longer poem.
We stuck to a single stanza though.
I guess I'll share my random triplet poem. I was sitting at my desk, wondering what the heck I should write about. Then Leaf came over, so I picked her up and started playing with her cute little pink toes. And I thought about how she can move around without any sound, but then she'll also stomp around really loudly.
So, here ya go. Little pink toes. So fun to squish.


Five little pink toes on such dainty feet
Trim velvety fur on the paws kept neat
Tapping fast to beat a hasty retreat!


Fact of the Day: In ancient Rome, they used volcanic ash, lyme, and water to make bricks. The chemical reaction from blending these ingredients made the bricks stronger than today's pavement (which is made with sand instead of ash). These old bricks are still in good shape today.

No comments: