~*~

~*~

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Loud and Dark

So, on Monday, my cousin Beau, and Tina, took me up to the city to show me around some places I hadn't been to before.
And Beau wanted to bring me to a Goth club he really liked.
Which is something I'd never done before, and never though I'd do in the future. But he really seemed excited about me going.
And Tina had a lot of fun dressing me up in black, and giving me ornaments to wear, and doing my makeup.
I think I looked like Willamina Harker, from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (She's still one of my favorite vampire characters).

The club was interesting. More than I thought it would be. It was kind of fascinating to watch the people's different ways of dancing.
And when Beau explained it to me, I understood more about the appeal of those sorts of clubs. I never really cared about them before.
It's only in very civilized areas where this sort of stuff can happen. Where people can dress so differently in public, without being frowned upon.
And it's really true. I'm so used to seeing stuff that some people would find "unusual" that I don't even react to it anymore (which is why it was kinda dumb of me to be self-conscious in my "goth" outfit).
These sorts of clubs are a great place for people who want to dress up differently, and go and dance however they want without attracting weird looks.
Everyone had their own way of dancing. They were amazing to watch. Some of them were very graceful, or very powerful, or just having a lot of fun. It was also a lot of fun to see my cousin dance.
I did dance some, if you can call that dancing. I might have danced more, if it weren't for the music.
The music is the main reason I usually can't stand dances, or other places like this. Not only is it the kind of music that I dislike, but it's so LOUD. If a person's a foot away from you, they have to shout in your ear to be heard.
Why, WHY does the music have to be so loud? So loud and so not-fun to listen to?
Would I go again? I would definitely consider it... if I knew the music wouldn't be so loud. I do have a new appreciation for them though. But if I want to dance, I'll do it in my room, to music that inspires me to get up and jump around.

No comments: