~*~

~*~

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Short Story

So, out second short story is due on Thursday, so I've been working on it.
It's something like a political scene. I don't think I've ever written one before. And if I hadn't read Twelve Kingdoms, it would be many many times worse than it is now (I recently read the Twelve Kingdoms book of short stories. Like the last book, it was mainly talking with not as much action. Except it didn't have the suspense of the last book. I still want to know what happened to everyone in Tai!!).
My short story is a scene from Katani's story. One that I've been thinking about for a while, but haven't actually written yet. It starts out with the end of a council meeting. The three main characters are Emperor Kazuhi, General Feng, and Lieutenant Fei Yen. After the council is the first time Kazuhi meets Fei Yen, basically. And we find out about the, uh, less-than-friendly relationship between Kazuhi and Feng.

Also, I've been working on giving the Betas real names. They all have nicknames, but none of them have their real names. Except Kon and Rose, but those are just first names.
Crystal helped me figure out a couple last night. But they all still need last names.

Got my diploma in the mail today. Guess it's official now. I really have graduated from college. O_O
And I got plane tickets last week. So, at the beginning of summer, I can go visit Ellen! No turning back now. Can't chicken out, just because I have to go by myself.

Fact of the Day: Fortune cookies aren't from China. They were invented in San Francisco.

1 comment:

E said...

By the way I could only get June 4th off. So we'll leave sometime in the afternoon that day.

Also fortune cookies were invented by a Japanese-American