~*~

~*~

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wolverine

I saw the new Wolverine movie today.

Spoiler warning.

The opening scene freaked me the hell out. Why? Because just a month ago, I was standing in that exact same spot where that bomb went off. The moment I realized they were in World War II, I immediately thought about the bombs. And then when I realized a bomb was coming, I immediately thought Nagasaki. And sure enough...
A constant stream of unformed swear words was going through my head.
After visiting the bomb museum and the epicenter... yeah.

The moment the movie started, I went into Fern mode. In other words, imagining myself as my shapeshifting alter ego, ready to go beat up bad guys. Usually I don't get Fern involved in other movies until I've seen them. But since I'm already attached to a bunch of the X-Men, it happened immediately. After all, X-Men was where Fern started.
And every time the bad guys attacked, I was thinking, "Stop shooting at them! I'm gonna fly in there and Imma keeeeel youuuu!"
Yeah, I'm very protective of the characters I'm attached to. I'm ready to jump in the screen and attack the bad guys.
Heheh... if only.
(I am sure I'm going to be very protective of Mewtwo when this new Pokemon movie comes out. Both that, and angry at the ugly new form they gave him. Don't mess with Mewtwo!)

Jean freaked me out. Because that's not the Jean I know. That person seems more like the Dark Phoenix. So I kept wanting her to go away. Bring the old Jean back! TT^TT This one's not reeeaal!

Then I started having fun.
Because Wolverine flew from Canada to Tokyo, just like IIII diiid~
And then the scene where they're eating dinner, Mariko says "Itadakimas." Which, if you don't know, basically means, "thank you for the food."
And Wolverine obviously thinks, "Oh. I guess I'm supposed to say that." And he says, "Itaki mouse."
I started laughing, trying not to be too loud because no one else in the theater was laughing.
And then Wolverine left his chopsticks sticking straight up out of the rice... twice in a row! Which I found hilarious because it was something I brought up with Ellen several times while we were in Japan.
Again, trying to stifle my laughter. It's probably only funny to people who knew this stuff before they saw the movie.
And when I saw him in a kimono, I started laughing again.

I've seen many train-top battles, but this one was on a Shinkansen! I got to ride the Shinkansen! Talk about a high-speed battle! Wahahah!

I was getting a kick out of the mix of X-Men and Japan. I'm still excited about my Japan trip, so I got really excited about everything I recognized. As if you can't tell.
And I got really excited when they went down to Nagasaki. I had no idea they'd be there, and I got very attached to Nagasaki while I was there.

Itaki mouse!

No comments: