~*~

~*~

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Into the Ashes, Out of the Ashes

Whoo, I think I did it, you guys!
I finished my first draft of my Ashes story!
At about 12:00 AM sharp. :3

It's only 90 pages long. Heheh.
That's because I skipped huge hunks of plot. I had no ideas about them as I wrote. I think I mentioned earlier that after a certain point, I had no idea how to fill most of the story.
So the second half is incredible bare.
But as I wrote, I thought of ways to fill it in!
So my second draft will probably be about twice as long as this (Well, maybe not quite that much. But many more chapters will be added).

I've rewritten the first four chapters already, for creative writing.
Although I'm probably going to have to add an entire chapter in there. To show the world and the peopel in Ashlyn's life.
And last night I read one of my chapters at my creative writing class. It was the last class of the semester there.
I read the chapter about Ashlyn's first encounter with a wild dog. It's the first chapter I ever wrote. And I've brought it to several different classes and rewritten it probably about five times. It's also what I used to try to get into my grad program. XD So I guess it worked.
The class liked it, so that's good. Considering how many times I've edited it.

And now... I must sleep. @__@

No comments: