~*~

~*~

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Seeing with new eyes

It's interesting, how when you've watched something your whole life, you become completely desensitized to it.
One thing I noticed recently, when I was watching Bambi.

It's the scene just after the "Great Prince" appeared for the first time, and walked through the field full of deer. And then he stops and the ominous music starts.
We never see anything. We don't know what's going on. We just know that all the deer start running in fear, and Bambi is panicking because he can't find his mom, and he doesn't know what's happening either.
And then just as they escape, there's a gunshot.

I'd seen the scene so many times. But suddenly this last time, I felt like I was seeing it for the first time. It is a really powerful scene, and I never even noticed.



I should try to watch and read things like that more often. Otherwise everything is just dull and repetitive. Especially since I've seen a lot of my favorite movies over and over.

No comments: