~*~

~*~

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Cinderella

I saw the new Cinderella - the live action Disney one.
It was a good movie.
I think I'll like it more the second time though.
Because my first impression was that I was hoping for some kind of twist. Something that made this version of Cinderella unique from all the others. Like they did with Maleficent.
There were a bunch of little unique things, but nothing big and noticeable.
So, I think I'll appreciate it a lot more the next time I see it.
My parents liked it a lot. Dad was gushing about it the whole way home. And Mom said that it was her favorite version of Cinderella.

A couple things that were annoying:
When Cinderella arrived at the dance, every person in the entire ball stopped and stared at her for a very long time.
So, she had a fancy dress, and she arrived late. I don't think that's enough to freeze an entire room full of ladies in fancy dresses. It felt really cliché.

Cinderella also felt a lot like Aurora, from Maleficent. Although that opinion may change when I see it again.
Also, the dress Cinderella wore for most of the movie... was really distracting. It's like they wanted to show of as much as possible of her neck,shoulders and chest as possible without being indecent. And they seemed very proud of that fact. Although, I suppose this is something they do a lot in movies, but it doesn't suit Ella.

And on a side note. I wonder how on earth the prince could dance with a girls who has such a floofy dress? How does he not trip all over it? @_@ I'm sure it's done plenty in real life. It must take a lot of practice. Whoo. I'm glad I won't ever have to worry about that XD Considering I'd be the one in a dress... and I'd never feel mobile in a very floofy dress.

There are a lot of versions of Cinderella - both movies, and written fairytales. I've read several versions of it, and I have no idea which one came first. In one version, Cinderella's step sisters actually cut off parts of their own feet to fit into the shoe. And in another, the ball lasted several nights, and Cinderella was late leaving the last night, which was when she lost her shoe.
I think I've seen three different movies. Though there's another one I want to rent.
I like the 1997 one a lot. Maybe because I love a lot of the songs. Or that I liked the Prince and his parents - although neither of them look like they could be his parents (Whoopi Goldberg was great, of course). And also at the end, Cinderella basically realized, "I know I promised Dad that I'd look after the family, but step mother has changed so much that I can't stay here anymore." She was ready to leave that place and be independent. Except of course the Prince came to her rescue.
Oh, I also liked the step sisters. They were still mean, but they also had their moments with Cinderella. like "oh, that's so romantic. Say it again."

No comments: