~*~

~*~

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

When Perfection Isn't Good Enough

I just finished the second book in the Uglies Series. This one was called Pretties.
Honestly. I've had a lot of experience lately with the first book of a series being great, and the rest of the series not being great (I loved the first book of Hunger Games, but that last one...).
So I was a bit nervous about Pretties, because I liked Uglies a lot.
Except the seconds book was very good!
I was pleased~
This book has some really great stuff in it.
In this world, whenever someone turns 16, they get an operation that makes them beautiful. That way no one ever feels inferior/superior about their appearance. And everyone looks forward to becoming beautiful and joining their beautiful friends in a world of parties and carefree-ness. Except the operation isn't as great as it seems.
One of my favorite parts of the book was near the end where Tally realized that you don't love someone becausethey're beautiful. But when you love someone, they become beautiful to you.
Aaah, that was such a great way to put it!

Aah, the ends of these books are intense too!
The end up Pretties gave me shivers.

Aah, I've read so many good books recently! It's great~
Hopefully it will last a while longer. ^-^'

By the way, the title of the blog post comes from the phrase "What happens when perfection isn't good enough." That's the tagline on the cover of Pretties.
And I think I'll do a post about taglines, because I've been thinking of a bunch for Katani.

No comments: