~*~

~*~

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Art Class

I went to an art class over the weekend. It was supposed to be a full weekend, but not enough people signed up so it ended up being just a morning.
The artist, Carianne, showed us how to do the style of painting she used. A very free style that uses different tools and paints.




I wasn't that interested in it at first, but by the end of the class I was starting to get it more. I think it's because they really don't look like ANYTHING until you add the final touches.
And when you start, you have no idea what you'll end up with.
And this is also very different than any other art I've done, so it took me a while to warm to the idea. Especially the part where you don't know what you're making until the end. Probably because I have so many ideas that I always work on those instead of just going with the flow.
When I paint, I inevitably end up with some extra colors. So I may use them for these kind of projects next time.
I should order some of those great markers we used...

No comments: