~*~

~*~

Monday, July 27, 2015

Digital Adoption

I wrote a rather in-depth post about this topic on Deviantart, but I thought I'd go a different route here, to angle it more at developing worlds and species.
In my worlds, I have a huge opportunity for creating creatures and cultures for them. And I have a lot of fun doing that. I think I've been creating creatures since elementary school when my friends and I were into Pokémon.
But most of my ideas are considerably newer and more creative.
Because of this, I love looking at world and creature information from other creators.
A book I've had for years now is about the different wildlife that appears around the Star Wars Galaxy. I have a book about the world of Avatar. And I have several books about dragons too.

So when I started noticing the world of adoptable species on Deviantart, I was intrigued. The designs, guidelines, and cultures were cool to learn about. But for the longest time I had no desire to try to get any. After all, I already have dozens of my own characters.
As opposed to now, where I think I spend too much time following this stuff. (I don't think I'll talk about the cost portion of this though. Some of the popular ones go for pretty crazy prices @_@ ).
So I wanted to feature some of my favorite species from Deviantart.


Levilarvae


Fishy


Romper


Tide Puppy


Glass Bauble Bab


Puddlesqueak
(Due to a bizarre misunderstanding, you can't even find these online, probably even if you search for images of them @_@ which is a shame, because they're beautiful.)


Tolm


Birdfolk/Akriri


Yevren


Puffshimi


Chaser


Waterdog


And here are some links to others that I think are awesome.
Chureep
Scarfox
Frigate Chaser
Gruffle
Weaver
Mantibab (These are insanely popular).
Guardians (These have changed somewhat recently. I love these old ones).

Some I REALLY love:
Koddoe
Fishy
Dipling
Ice Cream Devil


(Also, something I find kinda adorable or hilarious is how some artists refer to their characters as their children).

No comments: