~*~

~*~

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Off to Work

So, I do a lot of work. Every summer I'm a counselor at at least one camp. And most weeks I'm at the wildlife center, taking care of animals.
Except I don't get paid for any of that.
I earn money in unusual ways, by selling some of the stuff I make (like my Etsy shop) and by working for people I know. For example, I help Mom with her jewelry work, or I help my aunt with some of her gardening/landscaping business, cat-sitting.
I don't have an official job.
Next week, however, I actually have a job I'll get paid for.
Ananda has a farm, where there are going to do a little summer program for a week. And I'm going to be one of the counselors. One of the 3 main people.
Usually I'm just a volunteer, so I don't have that much official responsibility. But not this time.
I'm slightly nervous, but I'm sure it won't be any different than the others I've done. I like farm work, and it's fun to paly with kids, so it'll probably be fun.
Except I actually get paid this time. XP
I could probably work out homw much I'm going to earn, but I kind of want it to be a surprise until the end. XP

I'll post if anything interesting happens. Probably at least once more, just to say how it went.

No comments: