~*~

~*~

Thursday, May 4, 2017

How Do You Braid Your Own Hair?

I have everything I need to make my costume for Fanime. But I've been delaying for a long time, because I'm still missing something important. All my attempts to get it so far have failed.
But I can't really delay anymore because this costume is probably going to be insane to make, and there's less than a month left.
But because the fabric cost a lot and it's going to take so long, that makes me more reluctant to make it unless I can do it right...
Sigh.

Well, maybe by some miracle I can get ahold of that last thing before Fanime comes...

On another subject of my costume, I bought a cheap wig, with the intent of braiding it so I wouldn't have to braid my own hair each day for Fanime.
It's not like I'm going to ask other people to do it for me every morning. I doubt anyone would want to spend time on that (actually, I do have a friend who's great at hair stuff, but I think she's at the other end of the state right now).
That wig was my undoing. When I actually tried to braid the thing, it was so lame that you could see straight through it the moment you picked up a lock of hair. It would be hideous if it was fully braided.
I'm not really surprised. But that means I need to learn to braid my own hair too. I've been practicing, but that's only half of it. I may be learning to braid my own hair, but I really need to learn how to french braid my hair. I know how to french braid in theory, but I have nowhere to practice it. Mom won't let me use her. And how can I practice it on my own head when I can barely braid my hair normally? TT^TT

Not to mention my hair is too dark for the costume. And it's super frizzy, and there's no way I'll ever be able to get those wisps of hair she's got in front of her braid.

And part three.
I have zero interest in makeup. I can count on my fingers how often I've worn it. But I think I will at least need to get one type of makeup. Possibly two.

But since I don't care about makeup, I don't know how to find makeup or how to apply it...
Well, I guess I can look up part of that on youtube.

Sigh. I'm really excited for this costume. I've had the fabric for over a year. But there are so many obstacles, not even counting the actual making of the thing.
That's not counting the fact that no characters from the shows I like ever look anything like me. I have some friends that are amazing at pulling off certain characters. I'm not one of them. I don't have the face, and I have guy shoulders.

Eeh, I need help, I guess. At least with choosing makeup, if nothing else...

No comments: