~*~

~*~

Monday, May 29, 2017

Musical Emotions

Using song lyrics (mostly Steven Universe with a bit of Strange Magic) to work through complex emotions:
--
--

What do you get when you give your heart?
You get it all broken up and battered.
That's what you get, a heart that's shattered

-

You don't need this
You don't need me

-

It's over. isn't it?
Why can't I move on?


--
--
They're all normal emotions to go through, which is why they're in songs. But it's harder to move in to the next steps:
--
--
You think you got the best of me
Think you had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone.
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'd come running back
Baby you don't know me cause you're dead wrong

What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger
Stand a littler taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill ya makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone

--

Here comes a thought
That might alarm me
What someone said
And how it harmed me
Something I did
That failed to be charming
Things that I said are suddenly swarming
And oh, I'm losing sight
I'm losing touch
All these little things seem to matter so much
That they confuse me
That I might lose me
Take a moment remind yourself
To take a moment and find yourself
To take a moment to ask yourself
If this is how we fall apart
But it's not, it's okay
You've got nothing to fear
I'm here
And it was just a thought, it's okay
We can watch them go by
from here
Take a moment to think of just
Flexibility and trust


-

Is there anything that's worth more
Than peace and love on the planet earth?

-

I am made of love,
And it's stronger than you

No comments: