~*~

~*~

Monday, May 22, 2017

Meeting a Mythbuster

Yesterday I went to the Maker's Fair for the first time.
I could not believe how much stuff they had crammed into that area. There was so much that I wasn't able to take in most of it, so I probably missed some really cool things. I could have spent days fully exploring everything they had. and tryign the different activities.

Everywhere you turn there are robots. Either life-size giraffes that roll past playing music, or giant cupcakes zipping past with people sitting inside them, or a life size R2-D2.


I was in the sun far too much. Luckily I had sunscreen with me, because I needed to reapply it over and over. It's a miracle that I only got a tiny burn on my shoulders. Especially since I was dumb and work a skirt, which could have lead to my paper-pale legs turning red as tomatoes.

The main reason I went was to see Adam Savage give his speech.
He's one of the main people on Mythbusters, which I watch a lot with Dad.
He gave a good speech, and did a lot of Q&Q. Afterwards, I got to meet him for a minute, which was awesome.

Parking was crazy expensive, so I biked down to the fair. And when it came time to go home, I'd done so much standing and walking in the sun that the final bike ride exhausted me. Heh.

No comments: