~*~

~*~

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Horsies

I should post an update now that I'm not about to collapse into exhausted sleep XP

We arrived on Saturday. The trip was good. Until we got near the entrance to the park. Then it took two hours to wait in line to get in and drive through the valley.
After that, we find out that the person I was supposed to check in with wasn't there that day.
So, that was frustrating.
But we sent the rest of the day exploring, which made me feel better.
I checked in the next day.
Orientation was on Monday, and then I was shown to my home for the summer.
Work started on Tuesday at 6 AM.

I love the horses, but man my knees are killing me. XD
It's been three days, and I've gone on three trail rides each. Each ride is two hours.
My bones and muscles aren't used to saddles anymore. It's been too long since I've ridden.
I'm still surprised they hired me, since everyone else has tons of experience with horses, while my experience is from a long time ago.

But it's definitely beautiful here. I can't wait to explore when we get a day off. We're understaffed now, so it might be a while before I get to do some in-depth exploration.

As I feared, there's no cell service here.
But I do get internet, which is great.

I miss my cat.

No comments: