~*~

~*~

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Strange Magic

I have a very long list of movies I'm supposed to watch (it doesn't count TV series, or anime). One movie I rented last year was a digital animation called Strange Magic.



It's like Midsummer Night's Dream meets Epic and Beauty and the Beast. With an extra dose of singing and sassy princesses.
You know of course when a girl sings that she'll never fall in love again, that she will definitely be in love at the end of the movie.

It was an easy movie to make fun of.

Although I was intrigued by the Beauty and the Beast thing.
And there was some good singing.

Glinda is in the movie! (Kristen Chenowith) The role of a sugarplum fairy seems perfect for her. I've never really seen her in anything else, so it was cool to run onto her.
And man, Nightcrawler can sing! (Alan Cumming)

Last week, I rented the movie again.
And I actually liked it. @_@
I was making fun of the sappy fairy romance, and now I actually like it.

I guess I must be a sucker for the Beauty and the Beast thing.

Help me.

No comments: