~*~

~*~

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Re-root

I started the first revision of Evva's story.
Wow, I wrote it so long ago that I've forgotten a lot of it!
I finished about a third of the story, then shifted to a different project. It was a very long time before I came back to write the rest, so that first third is very vague in my mind.

But my mind is still rooted in Katani's story. It takes a bit to switch over. Especially since Evva's story is still in its roughest draft and feels so raw XD
I wish I could get someone to look at it (after I finish this revision). No one really knows a thing about this story, except for a few people that have seen the first chapter.
I haven't had any luck finding critique partners.

I knew I would love Sol before I started writing. And I loved Jon when I finalized his character.
But months ago, when I was about half way through the story, I realized that I needed a character to fill an idea I had. So that night, I created JoaquĆ­n. And I love how he turned out! His role is so small though. I need to think of some excuses to write more about him. I'll probably end up writing about what happened to him before he ended up at the farm.

(I'm also trying to write a short story about Katani's parents. I have a beginning, but I have no plot... )

As for now, I need to think of some kind of quick mission that Evva and her teacher can do in a morning and afternoon. But I want it to be significant, even if it's only symbolic.
I was hoping to write this evening, but I might go through my notes instead. Hopefully I'll run across something in there. Otherwise I might have to come back and redo it later

Plus I need to do some location research. I would probably get a lot more ideas if I could travel to the places Evva and her teacher are moving through. Unlike Katani's story, which has fictional geography, Evva's story has a geography based off of our planet.
I don't know when I'll get the chance to visit those places though.

No comments: