~*~

~*~

Thursday, February 1, 2018

YO NOV Con 2018

Last Saturday was the Young Adult NovCon.
There were a lot more authors this year, and I remembered some of them from last time.

I got a couple books (I won a free book!) and the authors signed them for me.

Be a Changemaker, by Thompson
Tru and Nelle, by Neri

During one panel, a few of the authors were talking about how they come up with ideas for their stories.
Some readers assume that just because a character thinks something, the author must think the same thing.
Never assume that, first of all. XD

But I loved one of the author's responses. Lamar Giles said, "I just make this stuff up."

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
You may write about cray adventures, but that doesn't mean you do the stuff yourself. Maybe you hang out in your house most of the day.

It was a cool event. Like last year, we got a chance to talk to all the authors at the end.
I recommend it if you're around next January~

No comments: