~*~

~*~

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Love at First Listen

I love music. I love playing songs on my flute, and I love singing around the house or in my car.
There's almost always music playing on my computer while I work.

Yet I'm very weird about how I get attached to music.
I almost never fall in love with a song when I first listen to it. I can only think of a couple times where that happened.
For example, the first time I saw Frozen, I was completely mesmerized by Let it Go.


There are two others I can think of. One is called Ai no Melody - it's the ending song of an anime film.
And the other is Bratja. It's a song that plays during the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime series.
Oh yeah! Also One Day More. That whole scene blew me away in the Les Mis movie, with all the interweaving voices and themes.

Usually when I first hear a song, I think it's interesting. Or I'm neutral about it. Or maybe I don't even like it. But when I go back and listen to them a few times, I'll start to pick out the songs that I love. Even if I didn't care about them at first.
I didn't have any strong feelings about the songs in Coco until I started listening to the soundtrack. XP Now that's the newest music I've been singing around the house (Hey I've hardly mentioned Coco on the blog at all lately! But that's only because I'm working on a crazy blog post about it, so I don't feel as much need to write about it in all my other posts).

Another strange thing is that if I'm watching something and they sing a song I recognize, I'm much more likely to get hooked on it quickly. I guess it's the sound of something familiar? Like when I heard Celtic Woman sing Orinoco Flow.
Or when I first saw Garnet sing Stronger Than You (After I'd heard versions of that song set to Undertale.)

No comments: