~*~

~*~

Friday, June 22, 2018

A Character Type I Wish Didn't Exist

Back when I first started getting into anime, I immediately ran into a new character type. Well not new, but I hadn't run into it much before. They are very common in anime. The pervert characters.
One of the first manga I read was Fruits Basket. There is one in there, though he is pretty mild. Shigure.
One of the main character in InuYasha is in this category as well.
Then that creepy teacher in Azumanga Daioh.
And that freaky little grape head in My Hero Academia.
No pictures in this one because I have no desire to promote this.

These characters are everywhere.
And it drives me crazy.
They're just supposed to be comedy relief, but it is nowhere near that simple. The fact that they're comedy relief makes it even worse. It's like anime/manga are saying that it's funny and okay to grab people inappropriately and say rude/suggestive things.
Anyway, I wish that character type didn't exist. It drives me crazy and I only cringe every time I run into them and have to watch them ?be funny."

No comments: