~*~

~*~

Friday, July 13, 2018

Angsty Characters

Ever since I started Evva's story, there's a part I've been worried about. I knew from the beginning that Evva ends up with some heart-break. And she is kind of a whiny, sulky jerk about it.
It makes sense. When people are upset, it can be hard not to affect those around you. Some people are openly hostile when they're in a bad mood. Some people end up rubbing off their bad mood on others, whether intentionally or not (I try like crazy not to let my bad moods affect others, though it's sometimes kind of hard around my parents XD ).
But at the same time it can be annoying to read about characters that are acting this way.

Are you willing to put up with some sulky whiny scenes that go toward character/plot development?
There have been times where it almost put me off of a story that I ended up liking a lot (I almost didn't make it past the first few episodes of Twelve Kingdoms because of the characters, but I love it now).
And there are times Steven Universe, where upset characters are definitely acting out of the ordinary.

It totally makes sense, in context. At least to me. But when my Dad watched it, he seemed kind of annoyed by it (even though he is so frustrating when he's in a bad mood @_@ ).

Eeeh. It just seems like a touchy subject to include. I guess because it's hard to get the right balance.

No comments: