~*~

~*~

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Ki

Okay, another of those times where I'm in the middle of several longer posts which I won't be able to finish tonight.
So I'll pick a random topic.
Though not entirely related, since I have used some of my previous experience in this area as reference for Katani's story.

I took a couple semesters of aikido during college. I knew that what we learned there was pretty shallow, and I was always interested in going deeper. Aikido appealed to me because of the spirit of harmony and love. It's about redirecting energy, not about conquering your opponent. "Aikido" literally means "the way of love or harmony." And that lines up with a lot of my beliefs.
A couple weeks ago I finally went to a demo class at a dojo near my place. And yesterday I signed up for a month worth of classes. It's good timing, since my band is out for the summer. I'm not sure if I'll be able to balance both band and aikido, so I'll do aikido while I'm able to.
I enjoy it a lot. The fluid motions (if I get them right). And the rolling/being thrown XD (There's not enough floor space in my home to do much rolling).
I'm quite rusty since it's been a couple years between classes, but some of it is coming back after a couple sessions.
I feel pretty energetic right after (and then collapse into sleep after XP).
I want to go tomorrow, if my hip doesn't bother me. It's been a bit weird the last couple weeks, I guess from walking all day at the zoo. I probably need better shoes, but I didn't have a chance to get any the last couple "weekends (for me Monday and Tuesday). That's my next project.

Random zoo image!
Barn Owl~ I love their golden wings.

No comments: