~*~

~*~

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Eat Real Food

I just read a book called Fast Food Nation.
Since high school, I've eaten very little fast food. There's only a couple places I went to on occasion, like Taco Bell.
But I don't think I'll be going there anymore. Or any other fast food place.

I won't go into detail about the entire book. But basically fast food treats their employees like literal machine parts. Work conditions are unsafe, and these companies have so much power that they can prevent the minimum wage from being raised (among other things, like making it hard to enforce food safety).
Food can be unsafe. Not just unhealthy, but unsafe. As in children dying unsafe.
It's increased the amount of beef consumption insanely, which is not sustainable for the planet.
Real cattle ranchers are forced out of business.
And many many other things.
Don't support fast food.
Though it seems like there may be one exception.
As I was reading, I realized this book may push me to give up the few fast food places I visit. I figured I'd have to give up In-N-Out too. But then near the very end of the book they said that In-N-Out pays its employees well and has food that's actually good quality.
So it looks like there is one fast food places that's okay to support!


I recommend the book. You should know where your food comes from.
Vote with your money. And encourage others to do the same.

No comments: