~*~

~*~

Thursday, November 29, 2018

White Belt no More

The last month has been so crazy, I've hardly had time to breathe @_@ All the holiday stuff is getting into full swing at the zoo.
Been squeezing in writing time when I can. Band is almost out for the semester, so that will give me an extra evening every week.

Oh, I think I completely forgot to mention here! A couple weeks ago I passed my belt test for aikido! For the first time ever, I am no longer just a white belt. TT^TT
(And since some people don't know what that means, it's one step closer to becoming a black belt XP )
There's something very cool about telling people that I'm going to the dojo tonight, or that I have a real sensei.

Sensei is very cool. The whole class is great.

Sensei (talking to another student): "It's good to know some of the more important Japanese words to help with your understanding."
Me: "Like tabemashou?"
Sensei (rubbing his belly): "Yes, the most important."

Tabemashou means "let's eat." Everyone eats together on Monday nights. Which makes us feel all the more connected.

No comments: