~*~

~*~

Monday, March 23, 2020

When a Fanfiction Influences the Original

I found an interesting Youtube video that talk about Fanfiction.



I always thought it would be fascinating for a writer to read a fanfic based on their work.
But this brought up a great point. If a writer reads a fanfic of their stories, it may influence them. Which in this day and age can lead to people suing each other for their ideas. What a wild thought. A fanfic writer suing the author that wrote the original. I don't know if it's ever happened. But I wouldn't be surprised.

If I ever read a fanfic based off my stories, that would likely happen to me. I might get influenced by some of their ideas. I'm pretty susceptible to that.
I'd love to read them. But I probably shouldn't.
(Actually, someone wrote a fanfic of my Pokémon fanfiction! But Pokemon wasn't originally my idea anyway. And it's not like I make money from my fanfics, so that's a different story XD )

No comments: