~*~

~*~

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Not Humble

As I watch documentaries or behind-the scenes-footage of movies and such, there's something that always makes me laugh. When they're just so pleased with themselves, and go on about how brilliant their creation is.

It may be true, but I still laugh when I hear the people involved in the company proclaiming how awesome they are.

For example,
The special features on A Hard Day's Night, talking about what a masterpiece it was.
A Beatles documentary talking about how the Yellow Submarine cartoon did things that no other cartoon had done before.
And a Marvel documentary (on Disney Plus) that talked about how awesome Marvel was.

A lot of these people weren't directly in charge of creating those "awesome projects." So it's not actually as if they're bragging about themselves. They're more bragging about their predecessors, or their higher-ups. But since they're gushing about something they're linked to, it still feels like bragging.

Which is an unfair thing for me to think. After all, I love bragging about my friends, family, and even the people (and animals) that I work with.
I try not to brag about myself, but of course I'm pleased if someone thinks I did a good job on something (then again, my dad loves to brag about himself, so that's why I try to never do so XD ).

Anyway, have some sleepy lions

No comments: