~*~

~*~

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Don't Take Blue Sky for Granted

This actually happened a few weeks ago, on Spetember 9th. I've been having trouble with photos on my computer, so I couldn't post it until now. (Let's hope my photos are fixed now! ) Anyway, due to a crazy thunder storm in the middle of the summer (unheard of around here) a bunch of forest fires started across California. MAny were small, but some went out of control. Mismanaging forests, drought from climate change, and crazy storms from climate change all combined to burn our forests and homes. It lead to weeks of awful air quality. Though there weren't any fires really close to my house, there were some days where the smoke was so bad that it was like a heavy fog. And then one day, the day never came.
This is a photo my mom took which shows the color of the sky (though it's a bit blurry). This is from the middle of the day. It got darker until noon. Then it got a little bit lighter in the afternoon, but we never saw sun or clouds or anything. These are a couple photos I took in the morning, at work. The picture of the sky does not capture it at all - my camera automatically adjusted to the light.
But here's a photo I took of the wolves - again, in the late morning - which shows how dark it was.
It was so freaky. People were walking around with flashlights. Apparently the fog was holding all of the smoke up above, which is how it covered the sun (Ironically, the air quality was not too bad on this day). Luckily the next day, the sun was back. OR at least, the sky wasn't orange. -shudders-

No comments: