~*~

~*~

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Character Theme Songs

Now there are many songs I relate to. But sometimes I'll see somone compare a song to a character from a movie or series. I've always thought it was fascinating. After all, I love both music and good characters. But for some reason, I almost never find songs that remind me of specific characters.

For an example of linking a song to a character, there's the trailer to that horribly depressing Wolverine Movie, "Logan." The first time I saw that trailer the song struck me. And when I listened to it again, it really does strike Logan as he is in that movie.
(Linking the trailer here) (Sorry, random aside. When I first saw the trailer, I went, "Hey Logan and the Professor are going on an adventure together! Cool!" NO IT WASN'T )

As a matter of fact, there's only one song that ever stuck me as fitting a character.
The song is "Lemon Tree," by Peter, Pauil, and Mary (I wrote a post about them a little while ago).
And the character is Kvothe, from "The Name of the Wind."
Even so, the song feels like a silly comparison (after all, Kvothe has gone through far more than this song shows). Despite that, I still think of it as his song. 

And it may not be a specific character, but there's one episode of Steven Universe that really made a song pop into my head. It's the episode where Steven and Eyeball are stuck in the bubble together. 

The song I associate with that is "Space Oddity."

Actually, I found a couple other songs that relate to my own characters.
For example, Stronger Than You, for Fern. I totally want her to sing that while she's kicking butt during a fight. I have no idea who she'd be fighting that would fit that song though. Hmm.
(I love this song so freaking much)


And then Evva fits with "It's Over, isn't It?"
At least she does at the end of the story.

Hey, why are both of those songs from Steven Universe?

I should dig through my music and see if I can find any other song connections. At least for my own characters, if nothing else. (Except my computer problems persist - mostly with my music and photos. So I'll have to wait until I get those fixed. TT^TT )

No comments: