~*~

~*~

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Magical Flowering Trees

The mage temple first appeared in one of my oldest stories. That particular story was the first one ever set in either of my worlds. Over the years, almost everything about it has changed. Except one thing. From the beginning, the temple was surrounded by a grove of plum trees. And when they all flowered, it was like walking through pink clouds.
When I reloacted the temple, I started to question that. After all, plum trees are not native to that area. They weren't native to the original location either. But that original location was in a forest. Trees wouldn't be too conspicuous there. The temple's new location is largely tree-free. I immediately thought that there should be a funny story behind the trees. It never really occurred to me until this moment that I could actually get rid of the trees, but I like the idea of giving them a strange origin story XD After all, there's gotta be a lot of strange tales in the history of that mage temple.

No comments: