~*~

~*~

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Gotta Love the Coincidences

 Okay, this is just too bizarre, and hilarious.

I just checked out an audio book. It wasn't a book I'd ever sought out- it was just in a box of books Grandma was getting rid of, so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's called Boy. And it's stories from Roald Dahl's childhood. Since I've read some of his books (Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and other classics) I thought I'd read some of his true stories.

When I turned it on during my morning commute, the narrator's name caught my eye. I wasn't certain, but I had my suspicions. And I looked it up when I got home. 

The narrator is freaking Scarlemagne! 

I started laughing very hard. What are the odds that I randomly check out an audio book and he's the narrator? 

It turns out that I listened to another book he narrated: War Horse. That was a while ago, and probably the first time I came across him. His Scarlemagne voice is very different than his normal voice. I can only hear it when he growls.

Whenever I come across a character I like, I seek out other stuff they've done (like Gael Garcia Bernal, after I saw Coco). It was only last week that I rewatched the live action Beauty and the Beast so I could see Scarlemagne play Beast. The animated Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney movies. I only saw the live action one a couple times, because I like the cartoon better (Beast looks so much cooler when he's animated). Scarlemagne looks a little like Beast during the dance scene, with his fangs, mane, outfit, and ponytail. Plus both Scarlemagne and Beast dance, and go from bad to good. 



(Still angry that they didn't give Beast a proper name. All the little things they changed, but they left him nameless?)

Ah, no the War Horse audio book was not the first time I saw him! I actually have Nicole to thank for this too (She recommended Kipo in the first place). A while ago, she sent me a clip from one of the "Night at the Museum" sequels ((I only saw the first one). The scene had my favorite actor, Hugh Jackman. And I just now found that that same scene also has Scarlemagne. What do you know? That scene's even funnier now.

I'm back to my bad habit of referring to actors as if they were their characters. His name is Dan Stevens.

No comments: