~*~

~*~

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Avatar- I want to touch it

I'm having fun pointing out parallels and weird stuff in movies. So I thought I'd do another.

 

I just watched Avatar again (The blue people one. Not the Airbender series, though I need to watch that again. It's been a while).

 

I like the parallel of touching Jake. That sounds weird, but let me explain. 

The first time Jake comes to Home Tree, some of the Na'vi touch him. It's like a "ooh, what a creepy thing. I dare you to touch it!" 

And then at the end when Jake flies in on Toruk, the Na'vi reach out to touch him in awe. 


Parallels are fun. 


Also, it's always bugged me at the end about Norm. His avatar got killed, so he was left with his comparatively fragile human body. He masked up and grabbed a gun and hiked out into the forest to fight. I know why they did that. They needed to get Norm out of the way for the last fight scene. And I'm sure Norm did not want to be sitting alone in that trailer while the war is going on.

But think about it! Every creature on Pandora is in "KILL THE HUMANS" mode. No animal or Na'vi knows not to shoot Norm. How does he not die?

No comments: