~*~

~*~

Friday, January 8, 2021

Less Than a Week in

 Well, we didn't get very far into 2021 before the... scat hit the fan.

I'm not going into too much detail about the riots on Wednesday. Everyone else has been analyzing them.

I'll just join the others in saying how disgusting to see how the "authorities" handled a riot on the capitol, compared to the cruelty they rained down on protesters who were actually trying to improve the lives of their fellow Americans. 

All I can say was that when I heard the news on Wednesday, I wasn't surprised. I was at work, and started a Zoom call with a worker. I heard from her the bare basics of what had happened. And I'm afraid to say I just raised my eyebrows and thought, "well, those people were bound to do something like this sooner or later."

I didn't find out the details until I got home. My dad kept saying, "no one could ever have predicted this!" But I was not surprised. Maybe 2020 was just too crazy and it desensitized me to insanity, but I think that was a minor factor. Really, Trump has been threatening to do this kind of things since he lost the election. And I knew he and his followers were insane enough to try something.

Does he feel even an ounce of remorse for what he started?

But another reason I wasn't surprised: I lost most of my faith in this country when he was elected to begin with. And I lost even more when he didn't have a landslide loss in the re-election. (This country has done enough awful things to its people that I've never been blindly in love with the US to begin with, but I really thought our country had some actual values before he was elected).

I will never understand how he has gotten away with all the stuff he's done. 

I will never understand how so much of the country still voted for him to have a second term.

No comments: