~*~

~*~

Friday, January 1, 2021

Scarlemagne: I'd Rather be Shiny

Since I recently wrote that post about connecting characters to songs, I guess my mind easily latched onto this one.  I think it occurred to me when Scarlemagne says, "I like shiny things."

The perfect song for Scarlemagne is "Shiny," from Moana. But only the demo version by Lin Manuel Miranda, because that version talks about "daddy" instead of "granny" (You also have to take out the verse about seafood, because Scarlemagne makes it pretty clear that he's not a fan seafood).

Also, the part where he's talking about being inspired by Maui's tattoos you could change to be about Lio's music. Scarelemagne takes up piano because of Lio (Since both Kipo and Scarlemagne play piano, and we don't ever see Song doing any music, I think we can say that Lio taught them). 

(Also, can I just say that last episode of Kipo: "All I wanna do is see you turn into a giant woman. A GIANT WOMAN!" That's gotta be Emilia's theme song.)

 Actually, I never cared too much about the song "Shiny". That's because while I love the beginning and end of Maona, I don't like the middle. In fact, it's only just after "Shiny" ends that I begin to like it again (Maui just drives me crazy). 

A while ago, I ran across two cute Youtube videos. Someone took Lion King songs and put them together with video from Ouran High School Host Club. 

For Tamakei, it was "I Just Can't Wait to be King."

And for Kyoya, it was "Be Prepared."

So I immediately wanted there to be a music video of Scarelemagne with "Shiny." Except I have very little experience with video editing. Even so, I might still try it if I wasn't afraid of Disney ripping it off the internet for copyright. So if anyone wants to, please make this music video and show me!

I'll just make a little image montage here on the blog. 

I linked to the song in the second paragraph, so play it along for effect, if you like XD


(The image is above the text it goes with)



Scarlemagne hasn't always been this glam


I was a drab little monkey once
Now I know I can be happy as a clam


Because I'm beautiful, baby


Oh, did your daddy say to listen to your heart?


Be who you are on the inside?


I need three words to tear his argument apart


Your daddy lied


I'd rather be shiny


Like a treasure from a sunken pirate wreck
Scrub the deck and make it look shiny


I will sparkle like a wealthy woman's neck
Just a sec, don't you know?


Wow, little Kipo's having trouble with her look


You little semi-demi-mega mute


Ouch! What a terrible performance
Get the hook! You don't swing it like you used to, kid


Yet I have to give you credit for my start
Your guitar and your music lessons

For just like you I made myself a work of art
I'll never hide, I can't

I'm too shiny
I'm the sunrise on the surface of the sea
Look at me, you see I'm so shiny


The monsters see my weaponry and flee
C'est la vie, don't you know
I will shine, shine, shine


Like a rainbow after showers


Your powers will be mine, mine, mine


They'll be mourning you for hours
Bring flowers

Call me selfish  

Call me shellfish 


Far from the ones who abandoned you

Chasing the love of these humans
Who made you feel wanted


It's never enough
Love yourself, get your armor up


They can see, your heart is a vacancy 

So why not be shiny
Watch me dazzle like a diamond in the rough

Strut my stuff, my stuff is so shiny 


Send your armies but they'll never be enough
My shell's too tough, Kipo kid

You could try, try, try

 But I hate negotiations, prostrations


You will die, die, die
Never test a big primate's impatience


Unless you have something shiny
Unless you have something shiny

No comments: