~*~

~*~

Sunday, March 10, 2024

On to Galar

I finished my Alola fanfiction a few days ago! 

Next is Galar.

I hadn't written any of the Galar arc since I was focusing on Alola. I just have several pages of notes. I didn't plan on starting it until I finished one other big writing project, and worked some on a second one. 

But the day after I finished Alola, I thought I'd do just the beginning and see where it took me. I couldn't stop! I've been doing so much editing lately that it was so great to casually start writing and see where it went. And it was a day where it flowed really well. 

Leon - the guy in the picture above - is the champion of Galar. I knew he'd have a role in this fanfiction. It was sort of inevitable. He and Cara are around the same age, and they're both champions, though from different regions. The girl in the picture is meant to be Cara, but she's actually older-you can't change your again the game.

Leon and Cara know about each other. Leon is a celebrity, so Cara definitely knows about him. Though she's surprised to learn that he's been following her battles too - she's not a celebrity champion, though some people do recognize her. But after writing this first Chapter, Leon had such a presence that I'm realizing he's going to be a bigger part of my fanfiction than I thought. He already had a large role in a few chapters, but I think he has to appear rather frequently. 

I'll also be playing around with a topic that I don't usually touch. Both Cara and I are equally bad at this, so it will be interesting.

Okay, now to get back to the serious projects!  I'll try to keep this is a fun break. For now.

No comments: