~*~

~*~

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

When an Author Goes Bad

So, how can you tell that an author has gone bad? Well, a while ago, Brian, Ellen and I were talking about that. I forget which one of them said it, but one of them commented that once a writer THINKS they're good, then they cease to be good. And I think there's some truth in that. It makes sense. It's called over-confidence, or cockiness. Now, therte's a difference between hating your work, and not being sure if it's great. For example, sometimes I think my work's good, and other times I'll think it's absolutely horrible. Hmm. Oh well.
Ah, and another indicator that an author has "gone bad" is when they start getting published by multiple publishers. Because that's a sign that now they're only in it for the money, not for the joy of writing. So, when you see a whole shelf full of the same book done by different publishers, think a moment, will you?

No comments: