~*~

~*~

Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Of Spirits and Demons" Tidbits 2

So, continuing on.
I really should be reading my homework. Heheh.
So, I said before that I write "Lullaby of Awakening" before Briena and her story even existed in my mind. So I re-wrote a lot of it to fit Briena's world. And then I had to find a way to include the legend in Briena's story. I could have put the legend at the beginning of the story, but I didn't want it that way. So... I sort of alternated chapters during a mall hunk near the beginning of the story. I wonder if it'll be too confusing?
Next.
I was wondering how the people in that planet would "teleport." Because the mages can, for the most part, warp from one place to another. So, most normal people would have to travel the normal way-by foot or riding a horse, ex. But if they're in a hurry, how would normal people "warp" if they don't have a mage take them? After a while, I thought of warp cloaks. don't remember why my mind landed on that.
Oh, by the way, the last line of the first chapter is a lie. It says that that's the last time Briena sees her parents. I wanted to say that cause it sounded dramatic. "The last time she EVER saw them" would sound better, but that sounds more definite. There is going to be a whole book dedicated to Briena and her eventual reunion with her parents.
Oh yeah! Briena's wand! A long time ago, I made my own wand. I was trying to follow the Harry Potter style. So I needed something to go i the core, right? So when I went horse back riding (before my teacher retired) I got some hairs from my favorite horse's mane. The next problem: how do you get a horse hair into the core of a stick? So, I filed my wand nicely till it was smooth then I wrapped the horse hair in a wide spiral all the way up the wand. I used the melted wax from a scented candle to "glue" the hair in place and I slowly covered the hair with a even spiral of the wax. I suppose I could put a picture of my wand on the blog. I dunno.
So Briena's wand is based off my own.

No comments: