~*~

~*~

Friday, March 19, 2010

ashitte ii na kakechao!

So, the title of this post is part of the lyrics of the Ponyo song where it says how great it is to have feet.
"I want hands! I want feet!"
So, that theme has been coming up a lot recently. The theme of feet.
Avatar. Jake's legs are paralyzed. When he first enters his Avatar, he ignores his instructions and goes running around. At first I didn't know why the heck he was acting that way, but then I realized that it was because he was so happy just to be able to walk and run!
Full Metal Alchemist. Edward only has one real leg. The other is mechanical. He and Al go through hell and back (almost literally) to get Al's body and Ed's arm and leg. They... sort of succeed.
Last week at the humans society, there were 3 cats (still kittens, I suppose) that were really sweet. I think they were siblings. They all had long fur. 2 girls-one gray, the other black with a perfect gray lions mane. The boy was black. As I was petting them, he flopped on his side and I noticed that the bottom half of his hind leg was missing. He tried to scratch with that foot, but there was nothing there. And he walked almost as though he expected something to hold his weight. I was reminded of Ed and I started thinking about all these feet things. But the kittens were so sweet!
The thing that really got me was that the people at the humane society didn't even realize that half of his back foot was missing! When I asked what had happened to him, the vet seemed really surprised.
The girls were adopted, but the boy was still there today. They were so sweet! I want to take him home and name him Edward! I want another cat...

No comments: