~*~

~*~

Saturday, March 13, 2010

"Of Spirits and Demons" Tidbits 3

So, yeah. I got this big long list of "tidbits" (why did I choose that word? It's so weird!) that I want to write about.
I want to get some of them out of the way.
Mist. The first time Bree arrives at the Mage Temple, a thick mist is covering everything. It doesn't have any symbolism or anything. Mist is just really awesome.
And the school session starts in the winter. Winter usually goes with thoughts of ending things-the end of the year, ex. So I turned it around. WInter is the beginning of Briena's learning magic. (Also, school years start in the fall, so she started just a tad later than that-nearer the end of fall).
So, the mage temple. Since mages an wizards and everything are sort of the government that runs Magic-Earth, they get really good funding for their schools. That's why the dorm rooms are so nice. And that's also why the kids get all their textbooks provided for them. I wish things were like that now... so we don't have to buy these freakin' expensive textbooks.
And I think I've mentioned before about the flowering trees. Cherry blossoms and plum blossoms, ex. Those trees are so pretty when they're in full bloom.
So, in addition to magic lessons, the students also get lessons in self-defense and stuff. Not only is it important to know in case a magician runs into trouble, but it also keeps the students fit. Plus some of that stuff is fun to learn.
Fares. He really doesn't show up until the end of the story, but you hear about him. Dad used to work with eagles at the zoo. I've said that before too. And eagles are cool. Especially big eagles like Lord of the Rings and The Rescuers Down Under. Fares is a dragon eagle-a huge eagle.
I'll mention one last thing. In "Lullaby of Awakening" I added just a few more details during Brenor's travels. I added a few details of what is the parallel of Yosemite Valley. Honestly, I wanted to keep the Lullaby legend short... but I was talked into adding just a few more details. I don't know if I"ll end up making it longer or not.

No comments: