~*~

~*~

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Movies: Last Airbender, Harry Potter

So, Ellen and Kelly and I went and saw the Last Airbender on Sunday. The movie. It was really bad. I'm not going to rave about it here. It would take too much space. But one thing I will say, the characters had no... character. Neither Aang or Sokka were funny, and they pronounced some of the names weird (Ellen says it's more of an Asian pronunciation). Maybe I'll ask Ellen to rave about it. I think she'd like that. And the finale was lame and and and...
Yeah.
The other movies I've seen by this director weren't this bad. I liked Lady in the Water, and the Village was pretty good. I saw the Sixth Sense a LONG time ago and don't remember too much about it, but I don't remember disliking it.

So, this week, I'm volunteering at a summer camp at a ranch I used to go to all the time as a kid. I was talking to some of the kids about said movie, and they started talking about the Harry Potter movies. They were really sad that they couldn't go see the movies because they were rated too high for kids to see. They said that it was almost all kids that read the books, so it's not fair that they shouldn't be able to see the movies too!
I'd never thought about that before. Never even noticed the ratings cause I'm old enough to watch them. But they're really right. That's not fair at all! Why do the movies have to be so dark and stuff, so that kids cant' go see them if they love the books? Stupid directors! Think about these things!
The first 2 movies were definitely the best...

No comments: