~*~

~*~

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Anime Update


FIrst of all, I wanted to post this. This is the opening to that "Origin: Spirits of the Past" movie I mentioned a few weeks ago. The opening is really different from the rest of the movie, but it's really mind-blowing. Again, there's some beautiful stuff in the movie. It's not perfect, but few movies are. You got the pretty ending song a little while ago, now you get the opening.
So, I though I'd write about some of the anime/manga I've been getting through.
I've been reading more manga than watching anime. I guess because I can read through manga a lot faster than watch the cartoon equivalent. Plus, as usual, the books are often better than the "movies" (though both can be excellent, like FMA Brotherhood).
So, the manga I read is pretty much dependent on what they have in the library. There's a good selection of manga at the library near my house, and at the one at my school. I'll look for a series I've heard of that has the first book in, and I"ll check out the first few books. I'm actually in the middle of about 5 right now.
I prefer to read the real books than to read them off the internet.
OK. So, let's see. What ones would I recommend since I last write about anime...
Nicole really likes Spice and Wolf. I watched the first season ages ago. It was pretty good. It was pretty. I think the second season's been out for a while. I guess I'll watch it.
Fruits Basket I mentioned, I think.
I know I've mentioned FMA repeatedly.
The author of FMA did several other short manga. There's "Stray Dog," "Demons of Shanghai," "A Bat in Blue Sky," and "Raiden."
I mentioned Tegami Bachi, which Crystal told me to read.
Ellen told me to read Yuyu Hakusho. I liked Kurama and Hiei a lot. Although I don't think I would have ever finished reading it if I hadn't found the books in the library. There's strange parts to it. Definitely. But there's some good stuff too. At the beginning, I liked the stuff about the spirits. And there was some cool stuff at the end too. Stuff that made me laugh. Like I wonder what Kurama did to make that guy laugh. And Hiei fell out of a tree! Hahah! I'm interested to watch at least a few episodes of the anime, but I can't find it in japanese anywhere on the internet. I guess if I rent a DVD, the original japanese is usually on those. But there's other anime I want to get through first.
Nicole told me to read the Tsubasa Chronicles. I really liked the first half or so. The second half was darker... and then very confusing at the end. I'm watching the anime right now, but I haven't gotten really far. There's been a few random episodes added in that weren't in the books, which I wouldn't mind so much if SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN THEM.
I've read XXX Holic, though it's not finished being written yet. It synchronizes with Tsubasa.
Nicole told me to watch Natsume Yuujinchou. I watched the first season. It's pretty good. Not REALLY exciting, but it's interesting. I really like the fox kid. I was SOOO convinced that that fox spirit was a girl at first... but he's sooo cute!!! The different spirits are interesting.
I'm almost done reading Ouran High School Host Club. I remember that was one of the first ones I tried, before I knew anything about manga, and I didn't care for it. But they had it at the library, so not long ago I gave it another shot. It's good. It's really funny at some parts! I like Tamaki (when he's not being confident about stuff that isn't true, Ex, Haruhi).
I'm reading Rurouni Kenshin on the internet, so that's going slowly. I'm not very far yet, but so far it's interesting. I like Kenshin.
I've just read the first part of D-Gray Man, but I might not read any farther.
And then they had Bleach at the library, which is a manga that I know is very popular, so I've been reading that. It's good.
And then a week ago, I started checking out DN Angel. It's interesting, though a bit confusing about the transformations somehow.
Yeah, what I read pretty much depends on what they have in the library when I go in.

No comments: