~*~

~*~

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reply!!!

Taking directly from my last post, I am a crazy girl too. Why else would I get so excited when the Vlogbrothers actually reply to 2 of the comments I left on their videos? Both within the last 2 days.
They actually replied to my comments! Haha! That's like communicating with them! (Another example of crazy girls. Hahah!)
Anyway, I gotta call Nicole. She's the one that got me watching them. She's harder to get ahold of than Ellen is (who I called last night so I could vent some of my energy about this fact).
There's something else I've been wondering about John and Hank Green. What do they DO for a living? I mean, John's an author and Hank runs a website. But do either of those actually give them enough money to continue donating to charities and flying around the country? They themselves have admitted that being an author is not about getting lots of money (cause it doesn't usually happen that authors get rich off their books). And there was a video where one of them said that they were fortunate to be able to afford those plane tickets.
Mysterious, huh? What do they REALLY do for a living? Especially since it takes half an hour to film one of their 4 minute videos (That was one of the questions that they answered for me, and I don't believe that includes the editing time of the videos).

Oh yeah. One last thing. Cause it relates to the ACTUAL topic of my blog - writing.
In the back of "An Abundance of Katherines," John Green mentions a few hints to aspiring writers.
Read a lot. (I wholly agree. There's countless ideas to be borrowed from other sources. It's endless inspiration, and it's fun too!)
Write. (Don't just sit there and plan about writing. You actually got to write.)
Tell stories and listen to them (it IS fun to exchange stories. You can hear some good stuff that way, and get to know people better).

No comments: